(Reuters) – President Vladimir Putin forged the confrontation with the West over the Ukraine battle as an existential battle for the survival of Russia and the Russian other folks – and talked about he used to be compelled to have in thoughts NATO’s nuclear capabilities.
The European Union vowed to expand strain on Moscow “until Ukraine is liberated” as it adopted a 10th kit of sanctions on Russia on Saturday, a day after the first anniversary of the invasion of Ukraine.
* Ukraine’s protection power talked about on Sunday that Russia performed unsuccessful offensives end to Yahidne over the last day, after Russia’s Wagner mercenary crew claimed to have captured the village in eastern Ukraine.
The village is end to Bakhmut, where easiest about 5,000 of 70,000 residents remain and which has considered one of the most bloodiest attritional battling of Russia’s year-used invasion.
* Ukraine’s armed forces talked about Russia retains concentrating its major efforts on conducting offensive actions along the Kupiansk, Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiivka and Shakhtar components of the frontline.
* Reuters would possibly perhaps perhaps no longer test the battlefield accounts.
DIPLOMACY AND SANCTIONS
* Russia’s senior diplomat to the United Worldwide locations accused the West on Sunday of “cowboy” techniques and “arm twisting” of some international locations staunch by final week’s United Worldwide locations General Assembly vote stressful Moscow withdraw its troops from Ukraine.
* Finance chiefs of the realm’s greatest economies strongly condemned Moscow on Saturday for its battle on Ukraine, with easiest China and Russia itself declining to signal a joint observation.
* French President Emmanuel Macron talked about on Saturday he’ll search the advice of with China in early April, in fragment to acknowledge Chinese reduction with ending Russia’s invasion.
* The US marked the anniversary of the invasion with $2 billion in weaponry for Kyiv and recent sanctions in opposition to Russia aimed at undermining Moscow’s skill to wage battle.
* Belarus, a minute Russian ally bordering Ukraine, has as many as 1.5 million potential protection power personnel outdoor its armed forces, a senior legitimate used to be quoted as announcing on Saturday.
* Russia has halted offers of oil to Poland by the Druzhba pipeline, Daniel Obajtek, chief executive officer of Polish refiner PKN Orlen, talked about on Saturday.
* Ukraine plans no extra outages to ration electricity if there aren’t any recent Russian strikes and has been ready to amass some energy reserves, the energy minister talked about on Saturday, after months of interruptions caused by bombings.
* TIMELINE- Important tendencies since Russia’s invasion
* Ukraine’s Zelenskiy has defied Putin in opposition to the percentages
* Putin, staunch in energy, has space the stage for lengthy battle
* A year on, Ukraine and its govt don’t have any longer accurate survived. They’ve fought reduction
* Toughened by battle’s scars, Kyiv presses on
* Graphics of a year of battle in the markets: How the dollar, energy and meals costs swirled
* Russian economy holds up nonetheless the aspect street reduction to prosperity would possibly perhaps perhaps be lengthy
* Moscow’s decades-used gasoline ties with Europe lie in ruins
* High producers pull out of Russia, nonetheless items easy to fetch
* Can U.S. toughen for Ukraine final?
* External backers pour billions into Ukraine
* How has China stood by ‘no limits’ partner Russia?
* A year into battle, older refugees working out of hope
* Lifestyles and loss of life in Mariupol – a survivor’s sage of battle
* Family mourns Bucha sufferer who became image of battle
Learn extra about the Ukraine battle. Be all ears to a definite episode of the Reuters World Recordsdata Podcast.